Sette Serum Elite bike review







I was finally able to get the Serum out for its maiden voyage. I always like to take new bikes out for their initial test run on a course that I use regularly in my training. This course is a 16 mile loop that is made up of single track and dirt roads. Consuming 3000 feet of climbing with some 20+ degree slopes. Today, I made that happen and man I was impressed as usual with the bikes that Sette puts out. They have really dialed in a stellar geometry and blend that responds most splendidly. 


On the ride, I had to make a few adjustments that are the norm such as cable tension, brake lever rotation, seat height that comes along with newness. I like to keep things simple as I tend to gauge performance using animal classifications. In other words, I will rate the performance aspects that I feel are important for a mountain bike to possess by giving it an animal name. Simple enough. Here goes the performance aspects:


  • Climbing- Effortlessly like an IBEX
  • Stability- Stiff when it needs to be on the climbs and enveloping when in the groove like a PANTHER
  • Agility- Light and nimble like a CHEETAH
  • Chatter Effect- Soaks it up like a racing HORSE
  • Holding the Line or Groove- Follows the bead like a BAT
  • Hop Effect- All I can say is GAZELLE



This bike comes in at just under 20lbs, something like 19.8lbs.
It is a smooth operator. It is what a hardtail machine should be. This bike will be comfortable for XC,XXC and Endurance Races without a doubt. It is sharp looking, but most importantly it delivers where it needs to deliver. 

Check out the pictures below from the maiden voyage and peruse the spec sheet on how I stitched it all together. After you do all of this, get on over to Price Point and purchase you one of these machines for your 2011 racing and riding needs. I will be posting more as I ride it more, but my initial feel is SUPER COSMIC!

Markley from Virginia




For more on this bike click here.













1 comment:

  1. This is really great information found here, I really like your blog. Thanks very much for the share. Keep posting.

    _____________________
    Bike riding tours India

    ReplyDelete