Markley A. Finishes the Tour Divide on the Serum

The Tour Divide is considered one of the hardest, if not the hardest mountain bike race in the world. It challenges a rider's skills, endurance, mental strength, and of course his bike, across 2,745 miles (4,418km) of self-supported solo racing from the Canadian Rockies to the badlands of the Mexican Plateau, climbing nearly 200,000 vertical feet (that is like climbing Mount Everest 7 times... yeah).
A short clip of the Continental Divide can be found Here.


"I did it folks. I finished the hardest mountain bike race in the world. It took everything I had to get it done in a competitive fashion. In 24 days I pedaled from Banff, Alberta to Antelope Wells, NM up and down the Continental Divide along some of the most inhospitable terrain imaginable. My sweat, blood and tears were left on the course. I can’t be prouder of the accomplishment. I met so many wonderful people who shared in the suffering of the Tour Divide."
See more of Markley's post Here.

Congratulations Markley - keep up the great work!


"This was the final day between Silver City, NM, and the Mexican border. Mileage near 2,600 miles. The Serum held up extremely well. I was sapped of all energy at this point and was pedaling on pure desire to finish." - Markley Anderson

Markley at the Mexican border.


No comments:

Post a Comment